Summer is just around the corner, and with it comes the perfect opportunity to hit the beaches in New England. If you’re new to the area, you might be wondering what kind of activities and events are available at the beaches. Fear not, as we’ve compiled a list of things to do at New England beaches this summer.
- Swimming: One of the most popular activities at the beach is swimming. The New England coastline is dotted with pristine beaches where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the ocean. Whether you’re a seasoned swimmer or just learning, the beaches in New England are perfect for a dip in the sea.
- Sunbathing: If you’re looking to work on your tan or just soak up some sun, then sunbathing is the perfect activity for you. Many of the beaches in New England offer ample space for sunbathing and relaxation.
- Beach Volleyball: For those who are more active, beach volleyball is a popular sport that is played at many of the beaches in New England. Grab a few friends and hit the sand for a fun game of volleyball.
- Surfing: If you’re a thrill-seeker, then surfing is an activity that you don’t want to miss. The beaches in New England offer great waves and conditions for surfing. If you’re a beginner, there are many surf schools and instructors available to teach you the basics.
- Fishing: New England beaches are home to a variety of fish species, making them the perfect destination for fishing enthusiasts. Whether you’re fishing from the shore or out on a boat, you’re sure to have a great time catching fish.
- Whale Watching: If you’re looking for a unique experience, then whale watching is a must-do activity at the New England beaches. The coastline is home to many different whale species, and there are many tour operators that offer whale watching excursions.
- Beach Walks: One of the simplest and most relaxing activities at the beach is taking a leisurely stroll along the coastline. You can take in the beautiful scenery and enjoy the fresh ocean air.
In addition to the activities mentioned above, many of the New England beaches offer events and festivals throughout the summer. From live music and food festivals to outdoor movie screenings, there is always something to do at the beach.
Moreover, the New England coastline is rich in history and culture, with many small towns and villages nearby that are worth exploring. From historic lighthouses to quaint seaside towns, there is plenty to see and do beyond the beaches.
Moving to a small Connecticut town can offer a host of benefits, including a strong sense of community, access to nature and outdoor activities, and a slower pace of life. The beaches in New England are just one example of the many outdoor activities and events available in the region, making it a great place to live for those who enjoy an active and adventurous lifestyle.
About Danielle Verboski